- Cost of insurance is $20.00/school year per student.
- Online payment will be available in the Online Store at www.bridgecityisd.net.
- Losses Covered: Accidental damages including damaged screen, missing or broken keys, dropped device, damage to ports, liquid spills, replacement of protective case, vandalism/theft. Police report must be filed to claim vandalism/theft. Misplaced or lost devices and chargers are not covered.
- Insurance is highly recommended, but OPTIONAL.
- There is ZERO deductible to file a claim on a device.
- If you have paid insurance, the device will be repaired at no additional charge for the first TWO claims during the school year in which it was purchased. After two claims, families must pay for any additional damage to devices at cost.
- If a student damages/loses their device, but has not paid the insurance, BCISD is unable to loan out another device until all damages are paid.
- If a student damages/loses a device and has purchased insurance, BCISD will provide a loaner until the device is fixed.
- All damage/loss must be reported immediately and should only be repaired/replaced by the BCISD Technology Department.
INSURANCE PURCHASES ARE DUE BY SEPTEMBER 30TH.